Tuesday, July 18

stench

Since all I do in the office is eat grapefruit and read news here is what I have for you today - a news roundup.

First Lebanon's tourism is a mess. There's a shocker. Israel says it needs more time before a ceasefire. Lebanese and Israeli civilians are miserable, yet resolute. Washington Post took a long hard look at the Israel Lobby in the States. Arab-Americans are lobbying in the USA for Bush to end the violence in the Middle East. The New York Times finally published an opinion piece that makes sense/I like. If you don't have TimesSelect, email me and we'll work something out.

My apartment is more revolting than ever. You know what smells bad?
  • a drain in the shower that has hair and funk in it from the last two years
  • a garbage that contains moldy bread
  • coffee cups that held instant coffee and cigarettes for three days
  • the sponge I used to wash them.
The truth is, I should probably move out, and probably sooner than later. All the people leaving Lebanon are going to Syria, and from there, to Jordan, Kuwait, and other countries in the Levant. The hotels are getting booked, from what I hear.

Uh, I took a cab ride this morning with a guy who told me he was a fedayee in Israel. I'm not sure exactly what he did, but it involved shooting at people with a machine gun, from the gestures. It also involved five years in an Israeli prison, followed by deportation.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedayeen

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earlier this week, an intern at work got in trouble for using the same phrase you did in this entry - "If you don't have TimesSelect, email me and we'll work something out." Except that instead of "don't have TimesSelect," he wrote "aren't 21." Also instead of posting this on his personal blog, he put it an e-mail inviting interns out to a bar. And then he copied Human Resources. I'm really not sure how he got hired.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend فبريزي .
I tried translating "febreeze" but I feel like it probably says goat chlamydia.

I'm going to have to clean this work laptop off hardcore from all the dictionary/googling I'm doing.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger DCheslow said...

lauren, I love you. dena, I hope you don't still have TB. Aaron, has google given you any meaningful employment yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats