Sunday, July 16

rants, raves

One of the most boring classes I ever took at Northwestern was civil-military relations in Israel. The professor interrupted the class at least once a week to wake me up. But I did learn one thing - and that is that war is extension of diplomacy by other means. I.e., it's supposed to be a tool to achieve a greater goal than just battle victories. Is there a strategy in Israel that I don't know about?

Where is Bush? Why isn't he doing something about this? It is such a waste that we have two countries that are tearing each other apart (although Israel is definitely holding Lebanon's balls a little tighter), and they will only stop because one wins, or because the world makes them back down. Wonder how Bush would feel hanging out in the Beirut airport...

In other news, no one in Jordan has spare change. Ever. I don't know why they even circulate bills worth more than 5 JD. I spent half an hour wandering around downtown before I could get change to pay a cab driver.

Hug a Lebanese/Israeli/Palestinian. This would all be resolved if WorldPride 2006 just happened a little sooner. It's this huge world gay celebration, held this year, August 6-12 in....Jerusalem!

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daniella. Pretty interesting blog you have here. I was just wondering if you'd be interested in getting together with some of us Jordanian bloggers while you're in Amman. I couldn't find your email around here, so drop me a line if you're interested ;)

lina [dot] ejeilat [at] gmail.com

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You talk a lot about balls in your blog.

Just putting that out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats