Saturday, August 26

Nai on a Thursday

These last few days in Jordan are kind of like a victory lap around the country, seeing how much I can squeeze into a short amount of time.

I would consider a major feather in my cap the fact that I got into Nai on a Thursday night. Nai, the most prestigious club in Amman, is located in the basement of equally classy Howard Johnson. Thursday is the big going out night here. A friend of mine made reservations early, and we managed to get seats at the bar, where we could drink 7JD ($10) drinks and dance to a mix of Arabic and Western music. Only thing is, Nai doesn't have a dance floor - they expect everyone to just gyrate around the bar and tables.

Also, I went with a tiny girl and another two people. This girl, N, drank three drinks and was out of her mind. She was in a lip lock with a French guy with shitty English for about 80% of the night. N also has a boyfriend. After a fight involving broken bottles, we all decided the night was over. To get N out of the club and out of Frenchy's arms, I had to divert his attention by grabbing his ass. You do what you have to do.

Today I am going to try to hit the Dead Sea, which I didn't manage to get to in my travels so far.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Yo, hope your travels are keeping you out of trouble and in-toxicated. Ha! I'm wrapping up my last weeks in DC where I'm bored and the "prestigious" clubs cost too much for my measily government salary to afford. I've resorted to the dc happy hour scene, which is significantly cheaper but leaves you incoherent by 7 p.m. I think I need a hobby.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger LBintheBK said...

Kudos for making it back to the Dirty Jerz alive and (more or less) well. We missed you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats